Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My New Job/Back in the Saddle Again



I haven't added to my blog in a while, but now, I find that I can take the time to fill you in on all my new adventures. After being "retired", once I sold off my antique business three years ago, I felt like I was out of the loop and missing it. I have remained in the antique business online, but have been doing this from my house. Even though it was a pleasure to be able to relax and garden, sit on my deck and watch the world go by, I really missed being out with all the people that I have made friends and acquaintances with all those years while I managed my shop. So here I am, back in the saddle again.

This place I am now working at is a wonderful place to be. The shop is in an old carriage house in Bainbridge, NY and it is called Harmonie Hall. The House that came with the carriage house is probably over 200 years old and was once a 200+ acre farm owned by the Bush family in the very early 1800's. The family cemetery is located out back and the spirits still dwell inside the carriage house and the house itself. I have been here for only 2 weeks and already have some ghostly stories to tell.

The people who now own this beautiful estate are very kind and I love working for them. The only problem I see with this situation, is that the barn or carriage house is very large and drafty and so, being upstate NY, in the winter time, I am going to freeze! The barn is filled with treasures from old estates and the owner brings in a new load every week. We have loads of early furniture and the prices are so inexpensive, that I can not help but to purchase a piece now and again. GRRR.... like I really have room for that!

No comments: