Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Embarking or barking up a new tree


Anyone who knows me, knows I can't stick with one thing too long. Or is it that there are just too many interesting things to do?? I don't know which it is but it makes me crazy.
The glass studio has been really nice and still is, but there was all this space on the opposite side of the basement. My aunt Lynn and I have been weavers and we both own floor looms. Hers was safely in storage and use to belong to her aunt. Her aunt bought it in the 1930's and it is a nice primitive 2 harness. My loom is a 4 harness LeClerc Floor loom that I disassembled years ago for lack of room, and had stored it in the garage, when 2 years ago, we had a very major flood and it was covered in muddy disgusting contaminated river water for nearly a week before the water receded. Well, here was my chance at dragging out the pieces of hard rock maple LeClerc goodness out of that garage and into the tub for a good scrub, and to reassemble it back to it's grandeur. Between her and I we finally got our babies back to workable condition and we are so excited to have the chance to bring them back to life and produce some runners, rugs, fabrics and other goodies. I am so grateful the LeClerc was made so rugged from that hard rock maple. It would have never survived otherwise.

No comments: