Monday, October 20, 2008

Spooky Things


If you came here by one of the invitations I leave with every Ebay or Etsy purchase, you will soon see where the item you bought, came from. It's a wonderful place and like one person recently told me, it is like working at a park. Yeah, I guess it is, but it is a park with mystery. I have many stories to tell about the poltergeist activities that I experience here, and this is one of them.

Every morning, I must unlock this massive and old house and walk through the kitchen to get the cash box for the day, since I need it for running the antique shop that is in the barn. Being an old house, it has doors between every room and hallway. I imagine, years ago before central heating, it was hard to keep such a house warm, so they must have closed doors and lived in smaller areas. When I walk into the kitchen, believe it or not, there are 6 doors that all go to different places. One door is to a laundry room, one goes to the back stairway that leads the the scary double door basement, one goes to a pantry, the next to a stairway to the heart of the cellar, the next goes upstairs and then we have the door to a passage room that eventually leads to the dinning room. It's extremely odd. Every day I walk in, I check the two doors that are always closed. One of those is to the upstairs and the other is to the basement. I know they are closed and I am the only one here through out the entire week, so if one door is opened even slightly, I will rush out respectfully but quick. This particular day was like the others, very routine and without a hitch, Yeah, I checked those two closed doors as I rushed to the drawer with the cash-box. I go inside from time to time to use the bathroom and such and all was well and quite normal. At the end of the day, I needed to go in and replace the cash-box into it's proper place and as I opened the kitchen door, I glanced over to the doors, and the door to the basement was wide open! I scooted ever so quickly across the kitchen and replace the box and scooted right back out, but before I left the kitchen, I reached over, with goose bumped arms and hair standing on end, to the basement door and slowly closed it and LOCKED it!

I would have gotten a picture of the opened door (the one on the right) but I was just too spooked to do it.

No comments: